The Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute (VCHRI) Education team provides the Vancouver Coastal Health research community with education and professional development opportunities to advance knowledge, enhance skills, create connections among peers and support the next generation of health researchers.
From workshops and demonstrations to lectures and symposiums, VCHRI promotes its own educational offerings, as well as those of academic and health partners to help facilitate an enriched culture of learning. Offerings cover a range of topics, including research design, project management, commercialization, regulatory and quality, privacy and data management, grant writing and knowledge translation.
VCHRI Trainee Committee
The VCHRI Trainee Committee is a student-led panel that aims to foster collaboration between trainees at VCHRI centres and programs. In consultation with VCHRI staff, the committee develops new trainee initiatives to promote research training, professional development and community engagement opportunities.
Learn more about the 2023/24 Trainee Committee leadership team:
- Professional Development Lead: Xueqing Zhou
- Research Series Lead: Umut Berkay Altıntaş
- Social Lead: Tyrone Scales
Want to get involved with the Trainee Committee’s initiatives? Email email@example.com to share your ideas.
VCHRI Learning Initiatives
- The Research Training Series is comprised of monthly education sessions and workshops designed to support investigators, research staff and trainees in the acquisition of advanced skills, techniques and knowledge, and lead to enhanced practices in the conduct of research.
- The Practice-based Research Series provides clinicians and researchers with a unique platform to explore ongoing research collaborations and extend the reach and influence of practice-based research. Former awardees of the Research Challenge and Knowledge Translation Challenge present the outcomes of their funded projects in seminars dedicated to improving patient experiences and translating evidence into practical application.
- The Celebrate Research Public Lecture provides an opportunity for members of the public to hear from leading BC researchers about emerging health issues and innovative discoveries. The annual lecture is co-hosted by Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Providence Health Care Research Institute and the BC Children's Hospital Research Institute.
- External Training and Educational Resources
- Research Methods Webinar Series are designed to support health care providers to develop a clinical research proposal (e.g., framing a research question, selecting a study design, aligning research methodology).
Looking for a certificate of attendance for a recent VCHRI education session or workshop you attended?